This small house structure from Amish Buildings features a barn home foundation. Many people are drawn to these types of alternative building styles due to their cost effectiveness or rustic charm.
If you decide to build another home, a barn house can serve many purposes – like storage or guest quarters – or ship it away for someone else to purchase as a residence. Plus, who says you can’t add on bathrooms, sinks and fridges at any point down the line? Who says you can’t update an existing building with additional units as needed?
Gambrel Building Heights
- 12’W = 14’H
- 14’W = 14’6”H
- 16’W = 15’3″H
Luxurious Gambrel Cabin Features
- 8′ Sidewalls
- 2 x 4 Wall Framing, 16″ on center
- 2 x 4 Rafters, 16′ on center
- CDX Plywood Roof Sheathing
- 25-Year Fiberglass Shingles
- 15# Felt Paper
- Continuous Ridge Vent and Soffit Ventilation System
- Aluminum Drip Edge
- 2′ x 8 Tongue & Groove Treated Flooring
- 36″ 9-lite Steel Entry Door
- Lockset for Entry Door
- 1 x 4 Cedar Trim (on Premier and Deluxe models)
- 1 x 6 Cedar Fascia Board (on Premier and Deluxe models).
- Porch with Cedar Posts
Explore the photo gallery below (all images on our site can be expanded, even the featured image at the top).